This Is | 40

6:00 AM


This is 40.

Some days I feel like I'm still in my late twenties. Other days it's eighties.

I thought it would be a fun idea to do a 40 random things about me in honor of my birthday.
Here goes.

1. When I was little, I wanted to be either a dolphin trainer or a Solid Gold dancer. There was no in-between.

2. I only drink coffee when I'm out. Never at home.

3. I am a Mission 22 ambassador.

4. 11 tattoos and counting. I have my right sleeve drawn up, just need to add some finishing touches. And then it's on to finish my sides and back. (I can be the old tattooed cat lady at the circus when I'm old.)

5. I've moved A LOT.

6. I'm awesome at planning and logistics. Just suck at the follow through.

7. The PNW feels like home to me. Unfortunately, I'm on the wrong coast.

8. No guac, please. Or avocados. Nope. Just no.

9. I once quit my full time job and moved to Alaska for the summer to work at a fly fishing lodge.

10. Tacos are life.

11. Not a big fan of crowds. Or really any gathering of like 8 or more people.

12. I've worked in all aspects of the medical field for over 10 years. (Clinical & admin)

13. Probably the biggest procrastinator you'll ever meet.

14. I have a love/hate relationship with the dentist. You wanna pull a tooth? Sure, where do I sit? A cleaning? Where's my Ativan? 

15. Emerald green and navy are my two favorite colors.

16. The Black Keys are my jam.

17. I'm allergic to almonds + walnuts. And have an adverse reaction to anything with a high level of pectin. Life fresh pineapple. *sad face*

18. This is the first time in my life where I haven't had a pet. *bigger sad face*

19. Harry Potter For Life. 


21. Someday we're buying a van to trick out and live out of that. Just as long as I have space for crafting. You can find us on IG here#vanlife

22. I was on the B&W photo staff my sophomore-senior year & the newspaper staff my junior & senior year of high school.

23. I grew up in the trash business. (My mom and dad owned a company that they sold to BFI and then both went to work for them. My aunt and uncle had their own trash company that they sold to BFI as well.)

24. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Mostly just because of the food. Personally I think we should have turkey and stuff every day. But that's just me.

25. I hate having my picture taken.

26. I've been taking risks lately, and they've been panning out. #goodtimes

27. Things I like to hoard: bags, shoes, washi tape, plants, travel mugs. It's bad.

28. Target, IKEA, TJ Maxx and World Market are my favorite stores.

29. 80% of my furniture is from IKEA. I've probably wasted 8.2 days of my life putting it together.

30. We live in an old mill that was converted into lofts. Definitely haunted.

31. List maker.

32. I can count my really good friends on one hand. The kind that gift you a chocolate dick for your birthday. 

33. I miss my Nana and Grampa and wish that I could've spent more time with them before they passed.

34. I used to have 2 saltwater nano tanks. So much fun. Definitely want to set another one up.

35. I have no desire to ever go to Disney. 

36. The PCT is still on my bucket list.

37. I'm still only on season 2 of GoT. (I know, I know.)

38. I've had chronic insomnia for as long as I can remember. But I can nap like a pro.

39. Both of my elbows hyper-extend. (It creeps everyone out.) And I can pop my sternum REALLY loud. (Also creeps everyone out.)

40. Not a fan of sloths.

Next year, and every year thereafter, I'll do another round but perhaps with stuff that's happened within that past year.

Lots of big changes happening now, and will continue to happen over the next few months.

Happy to be along for the ride.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Us On Etsy!

Popular Posts

PINTEREST