Foodie | Homemade Granola

6:00 AM


It’s no secret that granola is a main staple in our house. We eat it constantly. In my yogurt for breakfast. Snacking during the day. Or in Rick’s case, eating a whole container in one sitting. I love this recipe because it’s so versatile. You can constantly change it by adding or subtracting ingredients. Don’t like raisins? Don’t add raisins. Want to add dark chocolate chips? Go for it!
I was feeling a little sassy when I got home and decided to throw some peanut butter into the mix and I think it’ll turn out well.

Please note: while I enjoy sharing my recipes with you guys, I (for the most part) follow the instructions, but I also eye ball a lot of things. 1/2 cup? Yeah, that looks about right. It also calls for the add-ins to be added last, after baking. I add mine before. Of course, if you are adding chocolate chips, I would wait until everything has cooled or you’ll have a chocolaty mess on your hands.
Ingredients:
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of nutmeg
2+ cups of add-ins, such as dried fruit and nuts.
For my add-ins for this batch I included a cup of flaked coconut, raisins, craisins, sunflower seeds, peanut butter (mixed in with the liquids) and a cashew and peanut mix. No almonds for me cause hey, hey, anaphylaxis.
Instructions:
Preheat over to 325. Whisk all ingredients together (except the oats and mix-ins.) Pour the mixture over the oats and mix well. Spread evenly on a baking sheet (original recipe calls for parchment paper, but I do what I want!) and bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5. Remove from over and let cool. Add mix-ins and store in an airtight container. Eat as a snack or serve over yogurt for a tasty breakfast.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Us On Etsy!

Popular Posts

PINTEREST