Foodie | Loaded Oatmeal Bowls

6:00 AM


Now that it's finally getting colder out, I'm craving more hearty meals like pot roasts and shepherds pie. Obviously I won't be making those for breakfast so I started making loaded oatmeal bowls instead. These guys are so versatile because you can put anything in them. Here's how I made the one above.

Ingredients:

Oatmeal
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 water
1/2 oats (I used Quaker)
Salt, Vanilla, Cinnamon

Toppings
Chopped pecans
Shredded coconut
Hemp hearts 
Peanut Butter (I use Crazy Richard's brand)
Fresh raspberries
Sliced banana

Directions:

Bring the milk, water , salt, cinnamon & vanilla to a boil in a small sauce pan. Stir occasionally to prevent the milk from scalding.

Add the oats and give it a quick stir.

Reduce heat to low/medium and let the oats cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. I like mine like mush so if you want a little extra texture to yours you can cook them a little less. You can always use steel cut oats as well. 

I also put the peanut butter in a small glass bowl and microwave it for about 30 seconds to thin it out to make it easier to pour. Or you can always just spoon it into your oats right from the jar.

Add the oats to your bowl and add toppings.

Boom. Breakfast is served.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Us On Etsy!

Popular Posts

PINTEREST