Scrapbooking | How I Catalog My Digital Files

6:00 AM


I wanted to take some time today and share how I catalog my digital files. If you're anything like me, you have so many that you don't even remember what you have. Folks, welcome to my binder system. I purchased a white Avery 5.5 x 8.5 binder, some page protectors and a pack of tabbed dividers. Each designer gets a section. Right now I currently have tabs for Ali Edwards, Kelly Purkey, Studio Calico and In A Creative Bubble.


For some kits that have multiple sections, like Ali's Hybrid kit, I split each section up by page which you can see above and below. I used Photoshop to create a 8.5 x 11 page, added a title at the top of each side documenting what kit is on that specific page and then loaded the elements under that. 


After a quick print, I was able to fold each page in half and slide them into their page protectors. 


Currently this album only holds the digital files I have stored on my Mac. I need to transfer all of my files from my HP over and make pages for those as well.


Here is one of Kelly's Take Flight digital pages.


For Studio Calico, I just used their master sheet instead of diving up all of the elements. Low key, not stressing about this. Basically I just need to be able to see everything at a glance and know which kit it's in. 


On my Mac I have a master Digital folder that lives on my desktop. Within that folder lives a folder for each designer. And within those are more folders according to kit. Make sense? Pretty straight forward. 


For instance, I can go to my master folder, click on IACB and then the Holiday Prompt Cards and all of the cards above will be there. 


Between all of digital files from Ali and IACB this album helps me SO much. Before I would have to sort through each folder to find the exact element I needed. Now I can just grab my binder and flip through. 

Hope this helps you guys. Let me know if you try it out!  You can find all of the supplies below to get you started.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Us On Etsy!

Popular Posts

PINTEREST