Day Zero Update 001

6:00 AM



Happy Sunday all! Just wanted to check in with a quick Zero Day Project update. I've made my list and I'm checking it twice. And checking things off, which feels mighty good. Here's where I'm at so far.

Completed:

7. Go on a cruise

Our 7 night Eastern Caribbean turned into a 10 night Western Caribbean cruise due to Hurricane Irma. But at least I was able to check it off of my list. I'm still editing photos and trying to choose which ones to share with you guys. There's SO many! I'll have a post up soon.

9. Start a small business

My little Paper Plus is slowly accumulating sales. I love hearing the little cash register chime on my phone whenever I get a sale. A huge thanks to everyone who has purchased something from me. Small businesses are important to me. You're not adding more money to the pockets of CEOs. You're helping take the kids to the zoo or museum. You're helping pay off student loans. You're helping share my love of crafting.

28. Start a blog

Duh. I don't think this one needs any explaining.

39. Visit an orchard

Last month we were able to take the kids to Keith's Farm. Unfortunately it ended up raining so we didn't get to stay that long. Apple picking season has already passed us so maybe we'll try strawberry picking next year.

63. Get my hair professionally cut/colored

This was a giant fiasco. Sorry, Ulta but I definitely WON'T be coming back.

66. Buy an ALEX cart from IKEA

This cart has been my most favorite and most helpful purchase of the whole year. My scrapbook supplies are much more organized thanks to this little guy. I'm using the Kuggis inserts which fit perfectly. I'm thinking about buying another one. I'll probably do a Workspace Wednesday post featuring how I store my PL stuff.

67. Plant flowers at Nana and Grampa's grave

My cousin Libbey and I stopped by Home Depot and purchased some flowers a couple of months ago. We had previously planted bulbs so we were careful not to pull those up. I know Nana would be happy seeing all of the flowers in bloom.

74. Take the kids to Roger Williams Park Zoo

Last month we took the kids to the park and then ended up going over to the zoo and purchasing a family membership. We've gone twice now and it's already paid for itself. While the zoo isn't the biggest, the kids have fun and that's what matters.

79. The the train somewhere

Back in May when I worked up at the Brigham I took the MBTA in every day. (Hello, 6 hour commutes!)

84. Find out my blood type

During my last visit to my hematologist I asked them to do a type and screen (I'd never had my blood typed) and it turns out I'm A+ which is the second most common blood type.

96. Renew my passport

My passport expired 3 days before we were supposed to leave on the cruise so I had to renew it. Gotta say, it was the fastest return I've ever seen!

99. Take 100 items to consignment/Goodwill

I cleaned out my closet and dresser a couple months ago and ended up taking a few items over to the local consignment shop. The rest I took over to Savers (it's kinda like a Goodwill) You don't realize how much crap you have until it's sitting in a pile in the middle of the floor. Glad that I was able to donate.


In Progress:

1. Read 50 new books

I'm over half way complete with this one and I have a stack of books on my end table and nightstand that are on my list to read.

2. Watch 100 new movies

Only a quarter of the way through with this one. I have my Netflix, HBO Go and Amazon lists stocked,  it's just a matter of finding time to watch. I've also been thinking about joining MoviePass. You can basically go to the movies once a day for the whole month for only $9.95. Yep, $9.95.

3. Complete at least one year of Project Life

I'm well on my way to completing a whole year in my Project Life album. Five out of twelve months is HUGE for me. I already love looking back to see what was happening during the previous past few months. I will be switching to a 9x12 for next year and I'm excited to try the new format.

4. Complete at least one December Daily

My album is completely prepped and waiting to be filled. You can read more about my process here.

15. Date night once a month

Carving time out for date night is especially hard for us with Rick not getting home until 8pm every night. We're working on it though.

24. Go to five different museums

Back in May when I traveled to New York with Rick for his work, I drove up to Lake George for the day for a little sightseeing. I can remember going to The Great Escape when I was a kid so the trip brought back some fond memories. While I was there I visited Fort William Henry and I highly recommend it to anyone who might be heading up that way.

Are you playing along? Feel free to post your links below! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Get It Girl poster found here.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Us On Etsy!

Popular Posts

PINTEREST