Everything | The Album

6:00 AM


If you're anything like me, you've got a secret stash of favorite papers, quotes, buttons, etc that you love too much to use in your regular every day layouts. I finally decided that I needed a home for all of mine because the pile was threatening to overtake my desk. Last year I found a small linen binder at Michaels that I was going to use for a travel album but that never panned out. So I'm using it now as my Everything Album. For a lack of a better title, that's what I've been referring it as.


The first piece is a teal striped piece of transparency from Michaels, paired with a print that Ali had sent out in one of her kits. I topped it off with a Keep It Real button, which I believe came from Kelly Purkey.


I'm a sucker for anything leaf print.


Another piece of vellum I picked up from Michaels. This one has gold foil designs on it. Stuck behind that is a misprint I picked up at Pike Street Press when I was out in Seattle a few years ago.


Full two page spread.


Every time I happen to visit a letterpress shop I always be sure to check out the misprint sections. Most shops have one and you can score some pretty sweet designs for sometimes just pennies.


This quote came from Google and is by Kal Barteski. I love her stuff! The double-decker bus is from an older Studio Calico Project Life kit. The scrabble tile stickers came from Michaels.


A few weeks ago I started converting my old rounded edge PL cards into squared ones. (Blog post on that soon!) I had all these extra scrap pieces leftover but I didn't want to just throw them out. Glad I kept them for projects just like this. I simply glued each one down and then added the chipboard frame. The skeleton hands design came from an illustrator based out of London called A Darker Shade. You can find their work here.


Full two page spread.


A few weeks ago when we were at Buttonwood I snapped this photo of a horse and donkey and decided to include it in my album. I miss having horses! Again, you'll see the teal and gold foil vellum. I also included some vellum hearts and tags, all from Studio Calico.


This album came with thin Kraft paper, as well as some black and Kraft pocket pieces to store bits in. I can't remember where I picked up the BINGO card but it was probably Michaels. That's where I get a lot of my supplies.


Full two page spread.


Here you can see the pocket a little better. I glued down the wooden deer, a stripe of paper and stapled the noted tag up top.


The Julia Child card came from an older Kelly Purkey kit. All of the paper on the right came from a giant paper pack that I had picked up. I believe the teal circles came from Heidi Swapp and the Do Good chipboard is from Ali Edwards. (I think.)


Not quite finished with this two page spread but I like how it's turning out so far. Unfortunately this album won't be able to hold a lot of stuff so I'll definitely be making another one once I find the right album.

Hope you've enjoyed it so far! Feel free to post links to share your album!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Us On Etsy!

Popular Posts

PINTEREST