Book List | January

6:00 AM



I've been wanting to do a monthly book review for a while and since it's the new year, I figured now would be a good time to start. I managed 3 books this month, which if a fair amount for me. I can add them to my Day Zero list. Here's what I read this month:



Sleeping Beauties: A Novel by Stephen King

This is my first Stephen King novel. I know, I know. I'm late to the game. I could not put this book down. To the point where I may have ignored Rick a teensy tiny bit a few times while he was trying to talk to me while I was reading. Sorry, honey! Anyway, Sleeping Beauties centers around a women's prison and is about this weird phenomenon that causes a weird cotton like substance to start cocooning itself around women all around the world once they fall asleep. Oh yeah, and they don't wake up. If you enjoy sci-fi/mystery, you'll like this one.




A List of Cages by Robin Roe

Oh man, this book. It look me a bit to get into it because it jumps characters a bit but once I was in, I was in. It's about two teenage boys, Adam & Julian and it's just heartbreaking and heartwarming all in one. I definitely might have cried a few times. (Plus Robin liked one of my posts on Instagram so I'm kinda famous now.)





This book is actually a collection of short stories, the longest being Paris For One. I love all of Jojo's books so it was no surprise I liked this one as well. It's about a girl who gets stood up by her boyfriend on their trip to Paris so she hangs out for the weekend and meets a dashing young French waiter. Que the romance. A good quick read.




Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

For the life of me, I just couldn't get into this book. I don't know why. This is the second attempt at reading it and I manage a few chapters and just put it down. Maybe I'll give it another go next month.


Next up: 


What books have you guys been reading lately that you couldn't put down?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Us On Etsy!

Popular Posts

PINTEREST